Health Information Technology (IT) Company
Client: An innovative health IT company (owned by General Dynamics IT) that develops products and services for the payor industry segment, including private sector health plans and the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Dates: 2002 – 2010
- Marketing and communications project management and implementation
- Product management consulting including a 360 degree analysis and expert recommendations relating to a decision support and business analysis product suite
- Competitive market and product analyses, including research on economic, technology and regulatory trends
- Development and management of web seminars and conference sessions
- Public relations support and outreach
Our long-term relationship with the marketing and product management divisions of this leading health IT vendor has evolved over time to include a wide-range of strategic management consulting, marketing and communications, and product management tasks.
Over this eight-year relationship we have accomplished the following:
- Marketing and communications audits and project planning in support of clinical decision support, quality reporting and fraud detection product units
- Production of an executive-level analysis and recommendation document focusing on key product management issues and challenges. This report and executive briefing was used by company leaders to establish new directions and plans for product and service line development.
- Development of a series of successful professional education Web seminar programs
- Creation of a series of white paper documents and executive briefings on various health industry topics including: provider performance measurement, pay-for-performance incentives, value exchange organizations, and HEDIS reporting for health plans
Recently we collaborated with a specialized market research organization to provide additional market information related to the development of quality measurement products and services. Our team managed the focus group and telephone research surveys of health plan chief information officers (CIOs) and chief medical officers (CMOs). This survey project focused on obtaining accurate information on the following topics:
- Overall perceptions of quality measurement processes, measure sets, and related IT tools within health plans
- Future business plans for quality measurement and reporting programs
- Thoughts on other quality reporting topics, such as pay-for-performance, physician profiling, and value measurement/exchange organizations
The deliverable included the presentation of a final project report containing key recommendations for the client’s future business and product development plans.