Fortune 100 Ranked Information Technology Company
Client: The state healthcare group of Unisys.
Services: Subject matter expert (SME) and management consulting
We partnered with an executive process consulting organization on this project. The project involved working with the business unit’s senior leadership team, including sales, marketing, product and account management executives. The primary objectives included:
- Measurement of the perception of the client’s Medicaid program products and services, as viewed by existing and prospective customers, industry consultants, and competitors’ customers
- Research and analysis of technology, regulatory, and programmatic issues affecting state Medicaid programs, and recommendations for the improvement of the client’s programs, services and products
- Analysis of competing products’ functionality and corresponding market perceptions
To accomplish these objectives, we consulted many of our industry colleagues to obtain additional information and opinions on the client and the competitors. We also attended two industry conference events and conducted brief interviews with state Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) directors and senior Medicaid program managers.
Our final analyses revealed specific issues senior product managers and account executives needed to address in order to improve customer satisfaction levels and overall perceptions of the company. Our recommendations included a discussion of the following topics, with suggested action plans to achieve sustainable and measurable improvements in each area:
- Overall MMIS product functionality and the specific modules and processes requiring improvement
- Customer account management issues, including processes required to report and address system “bugs”
- Marketing and communications messaging